head> Happy Hayes Family: Spring Break Trip to Milwaukee

Happy Hayes Family

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break Trip to Milwaukee



Last week was Andrew's spring break, so we took advantage of the schedule change to take a short trip to Milwaukee to visit our friends, the Continos. We hadn't seen them since a very brief visit in December, so we were all very anxious to see them. We hit the road after a late dinner Sunday night and arrived around 11. The kids were so excited to see each other that it was kind of hard to settle everyone down. Unfortunately for the Contino children and older Hayes boys, school was still in session, but they buckled down and worked hard, so that they could maximize their free time together. The middle bottom pictures shows the "campfire" that Nick came up with. (He must have some of his mom's creativity!) My camera actually lit up the room really well, so you can't tell that they were in the dark. The boys told stories around the table during each meal, around the campfire, and any other time they had opportunity. They had such a good time. Andrew and Natalie seemed to have fun together too. Natalie was a good sport to hang out with Andrew during our whole visit. The moms you ask? We had a spectacular time as well. We are so thankful for our friends, the Continos. God has blessed us with a special friendship.

On Wednesday morning, we had to say the tough goodbyes as we struck out for Madison. It was time for Andrew's first check-up with his orthopedist in a year. The appointment went great. I am amazed that each time we go, I find out new things about clubfoot. Andrew looks so good, though, that Dr. Nemeth said that we don't have to come back for two years this time. Woohoo!

We capped off our Milwaukee/Madison trip with lunch at Noodles. Yummy!


Posted by Picasa
posted by Robin Hayes, 7:19 AM

5 Comments:

I have still to try noodles. Jason is not a big pasta fan, so he won't go near the place. AS close as he will get is the half price book store on E. WAshington by East Towne mall.
commented by Blogger Heidi, 1:51 PM  
Yay for a good trip!
commented by Blogger Valerie, 6:21 AM  
I have to say, I am MOST jealous over the Noodles. Hmmmm...Noodles...
commented by Blogger Ann-Marie, 9:42 AM  
I love your photo collages! How'd you do that? You took some great photos of our Hayes Days! I still love the footsie foto, best.
Yes, and NOODLES makes me envious too.
commented by Blogger Kristin C, 9:46 PM  
Yeah, but Kristin, we don't have a Noodles down the street from us. I'm jealous of you! :-)

And that footsie photo was the best. They were so sweet together. Natalie was so gracious to him, even if he is a boy!

Thanks for everything. Our visit was so nice.

I do the photo collages on Picasa. It was a recent discovery that I could use it for that. Before that, I used Picasa exclusively to have back ups of all of my digital pictures online - somewhere besides my computer.

Speaking of my computer, Chris figured out what was wrong and fixed it for me. It doesn't take forever to boot up anymore, and thankfully it didn't need a new hard drive or mother board!
commented by Blogger Robin Hayes, 9:52 PM  

Add a comment