head> Happy Hayes Family: First Day of School 2008-2009

Happy Hayes Family

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Day of School 2008-2009

I realized after I sent out the blog update notice yesterday that I never posted first day of school pictures here. I had them on Facebook, but not here. So I apologize! Here you go!

August 21, 2008


Breakfast of "atemail" on the first day of school.


Three brothers!


This week has been very busy, and I hadn't gotten around to giving Andrew a hair cut. Not only was this the first day of school, but it was also picture day. So I gave Andrew a quick buzz. He was so slow eating his breakfast, that I was doing all I could to get him ready - so I spiked his hair while he was still eating. This is a post-spiked picture. And the hand sign - it's what he does in every picture he possibly can right now. I'm sure it's something he picked up from his brothers - bunny ears on his invisible friend?


All ready for our first day of school. Unfortunately, we missed the bus, so I had to drive him on his first day. But we still took the traditional first day of school picture in front of the house.


Andrew with Mrs. Hickerson, his teacher. He's so cute - he struggles saying the whole thing, so sometimes he'll tell me about "Hickerson."


I tried some non-traditional first day of school pictures with Steven and Ryan, since they wouldn't be sporting the backpack look. I couldn't seem to get a good shot - and it started raining before we were done, so we had to head indoors.


I didn't want any goofy smiles, but I didn't want the mean look either!


"Mom, can we just be done?"


Andrew's almost home!!! The bus coming up behind our house.


There's my boy! Getting off the bus. No fiascoes this year with the bus ride home.


Enjoying a little break after our first day of school.


As a special treat, we got to meet our friends from Milwaukee in Janesville later that day. First we went to a park, and then we ate supper at NOODLES & CO!!!
Ryan, Nick, Ben, and, Steven


Natalie and Andrew

posted by Robin Hayes, 10:03 AM

3 Comments:

Wonderful photos, Robin! I have to say I especially enjoyed the "mean" faces one. Made me grin - I remember feeling that way every so often in grammar school days.
commented by Blogger Ann-Marie, 12:32 PM  
I thought Andrew was being ambitious and learning about Richard M. Nixon with the double peace sign thing.
commented by Blogger Heidi, 10:47 PM  
Thanks for including pictures of our kids! What fun spontaneous memories! Wait til' my boys hear who went to a Bears game! What a treat!

Kristin
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 2:40 PM  

Add a comment