head> Happy Hayes Family: Steven Turns Eleven

Happy Hayes Family

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Steven Turns Eleven


The obligatory rocking chair picture - one year older! Happy eleventh birthday, Steven! We love you!


Steven's birthday present this morning was the tooth that he lost. It made today a much better day than yesterday. It was so loose and painful that he couldn't eat all day. He was SO hungry after I picked him up from basketball camp yesterday afternoon, that he came home and ate pudding, applesauce, and scrambled eggs.


This week, Steven has been attending basketball camp. This is his third year attending the camp, and I think he enjoys it a lot.


My handsome basketball player


A familiar face to some of our friends from Morning Star
posted by Robin Hayes, 6:23 PM

4 Comments:

Happy Birthday, Steven! I hope you had a great day! And YAY for losing that tooth! No more pain is good!

Love you! -Val
commented by Blogger Valerie, 6:33 AM  
So what's the story behind the rocking chair? It looks a leetle small for Steven, so I'm guessing there's a story?

I'm so glad he lost his tooth. Big money from the Tooth Fairy???
commented by Blogger Ann-Marie, 9:53 AM  
Brianna and Bethany kept saying something about a birthday.
commented by Blogger Heidi, 9:38 PM  
Ann-Marie - before Steven was born, I came across an idea in a parenting magazine. It suggested taking a picture of your baby in the same chair with the same item (like a stuffed animal) every month for the first year. I continue now to just take a yearly shot to document their growth. Steven did start out in a toddler size rocker, but that one broke, so all the pictures since then have been in this antique rocker that I have from my great-grandma. Each kid has their own stuffed animal that we use for their yearly picture. Steven didn't want me to post the one with his stuffed animal on the blog, so I didn't. The chair isn't actually that small - he's sitting forward in it, so it looks smaller. I think he's getting to that "I'm too cool for this" stage.
commented by Blogger Robin Hayes, 7:44 AM  

Add a comment