head> Happy Hayes Family: I am thankful for...girlfriends!

Happy Hayes Family

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I am thankful for...girlfriends!

Yesterday, I was invited to a girlfriend luncheon with my friends, Sharon and Michelle. Last year, we got together for "Thursdays at Robin's," which moved to "Mondays at Robin's," which moved to "Mondays at Sharon's." The girlfriend luncheon tradition has started up again to be "More or Less, Every other Tuesday at Sharon's." I have missed both installments due to sickness in my children. Yesterday, after having missed my second opportunity to fellowship with my girlfriends, they walked around the block to my house, bearing gifts. Michelle brought apple cider donuts from the apple orchard, and Sharon had a dish of chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream. I thought it was so sweet! We just chatted outside for a few minutes, but it was such a boost to my spirit and my day. Thank you to my girlfriends! :)
posted by Robin Hayes, 6:36 AM

6 Comments:

Girlfriends are the best, aren't they? I love the conversations and laughter when good friends get together. That food sounds delish!
commented by Blogger Ann-Marie, 10:23 AM  
I just finished off the chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream...um...it was better than "Calgon, take me way!"
commented by Blogger Robin Hayes, 3:50 PM  
Hi girls....from Oklahoma..I enjoy reading all of your blogs for laughs, and keeping up. The "girls"...(yes, EVEN if we are 50!!!) here get together on thursdays for "girls night out". Always a time for bonding....Bev
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, 8:14 PM  
Bev, you are a girl in my book. I sure don't know when to start calling women "women." To me, we're all girls! I'm glad that you have a girls night out - that sounds like a lot of fun, and a source of good fellowship!
commented by Blogger Robin Hayes, 9:01 PM  
Awwww! Such good girlfriends!
commented by Blogger Valerie, 6:34 AM  
doesn't sound like a bad idea. Having some kind of girls night out once a month or something. I wonder who could plan that one?
commented by Blogger Heidi, 3:07 PM  

Add a comment