head> Happy Hayes Family: First Day of School: Hayes Christian Academy

Happy Hayes Family

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

First Day of School: Hayes Christian Academy


Hayes Christian Academy: First Day of School


Working hard: Our office/school/scrapbook room
is not completed yet, so we used the dining room
table for a number of days. We have since bought
each of the boys 4' tables, which are set up in the
living room right now.


Ready for the first day of Classical Conversations!


All of the Classical Conversations students with
their two tutors.


Hayes Christian Academy began classes on August 27, 2007. A maiden voyage for a maiden school! Our first Friday meeting with Classical Conversations took place on September 7th.

The second week of school was difficult for me - I felt like I was drowning, and didn't have the proper direction or focus. After our first meeting with Classical Conversations, I felt like my direction and focus was renewed, and this week has gone much better.

This will be quite the learning experience for us all.

The summer leading up to this school year was full of decisions. Originally, we were only going to home school Steven. The more we talked about it, though, we felt like it was too much for Steven to be alone all day. Also, we completely changed our curriculum choice when we found out that there was a Classical Conversations group being started at our church. Chris really likes the classical approach to education, so we have chosen to go this route. The boys are learning history, science, English grammar, Latin conjugations, and geography from the classical approach, in addition to separate math curricula. We are still adjusting to our new schedule, but I am very excited about this new journey!


posted by Robin Hayes, 7:21 PM

5 Comments:

We are so glad to see you embark on this journey. It is really hard to believe we have begun our third year of homeschooling. We now savour the learning process and the time together, and you will, too. Hang on for a smoother ride...there is a learning curve for mom, too.
commented by Blogger Silsbee, 10:18 PM  
Go you, girl! I'm here to listen whenever you need me.
commented by Blogger Valerie, 5:42 AM  
I am glad that it seems to be going well for you now. We started preschool homeschooling on Monday, so we'll see how that works out.
commented by Blogger Heidi, 11:04 AM  
Well, this Classical Conversations seem really interesting! I would like to learn about it! Since coming to Morning Star the different approaches parents take to schooling their kids have fascinated me!Ive only done public schooling myself! Anyways, I work at Curran's Apple Orchard a couple evening a week!
commented by Blogger Annie, 8:34 AM  
So glad that you're homeschooling! I am so thankful that I have been taught at home. It is really awesome!
Keep up the good work!

~Chrissy
commented by Blogger Chrissy, 11:34 AM  

Add a comment