head> Happy Hayes Family: Family Reunion

Happy Hayes Family

Friday, August 17, 2007

Family Reunion


Clarinda, Iowa


Omaha, Nebraska







This last weekend we were attended a family reunion in Clarinda, Iowa. Following the two-day reunion, we spent some time in Omaha, Nebraska going to the zoo and visiting a family friend with my parents.

The family reunion was fun - we got to spend lots of time with family, and I tried to get better acquainted with relatives that I don't know very well, if at all. My parents hosted the reunion this time around, so they were very involved. They brought along my cousins, Clara and Kelly, to help out.

Chris, Steven, and Ryan visited the Omaha Zoo last year on their big vacation, and they liked it so much that we went back so that Andrew and I could see it too. We got there fairly early in the morning, and were able to see an IMAX movie and many of the exhibits before we met up with my parents. We went through the Desert Dome, the nocturnal animal exhibit, and the aquarium with them. Then we all went to eat dinner with Valeta at the assisted living facility where she lives. Valeta and her husband, Ross, who passed away last year, are very special to my parents, as they were instrumental in my parents getting together in the first place. Valeta is a very special lady, and we had a very nice evening with her. We were able to spend a little more time the next morning with her, before we left for home. On the way home, we stopped at a model train museum in Iowa, which was very cool.

All in all, it was a very nice trip.
posted by Robin Hayes, 9:25 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment