head> Happy Hayes Family: Andrew's First Day Of School Part 2

Happy Hayes Family

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Andrew's First Day Of School Part 2

After some misunderstandings and mis communications, Andrew is home. The shuttle bus driver (from Stillman to MC) didn't think that Andrew was supposed to be on her bus, so she pulled him away from his bus buddies and sent him with an aide to figure out where he was supposed to go. The MC school tried both my phones, but I was standing outside with video and digital camera poised to take footage of him arriving home on his first day so I missed both calls. They also tried to call my mom, and were finally able to get a hold of Chris. By this time, the bus was in front of my house with no Andrew. We quickly figured out where he was, and I had sent Steven inside to get the house phone, which was ringing with Chris on the other end. Chris had told the school that I would come get Andrew, which I did. The Joeys (Nick & Joe) were VERY upset, and so was their mom. Nick and Joe were upset, because they knew where he was supposed to go, but were not able to take him there. Their mom was upset, as any mom would have been, because no one knew where Andrew was. I discovered after we got home that Andrew had a sticker on his back stating what his buses were, but it was obscured by his backpack. In the end though - he is home safe and sound, and I'll just have to get "off the bus" pictures tomorrow. The second bus driver (where Andrew was supposed to be) got on her radio and found him at the same time I was finding out what to do from Chris. She's a really nice lady - a mom of five, a veteran bus driver, and a friend. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to straighten everything out. There's always bumps on the first day - especially when you're dealing with such little kids!
posted by Robin Hayes, 3:50 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment