head> Happy Hayes Family: Backtrack to Early June 2007

Happy Hayes Family

Friday, July 20, 2007

Backtrack to Early June 2007

Girls Quilt Show Weekend

Early in June, my mother-in-law, Deb, and I traveled to Ohio to take Grandma Donna (AKA Nonna Donna) to a quilt show in Columbus. There were 7 of us in all - Grandma, Deb (daughter), Neci (daughter), Michelle (granddaughter), Tonia (granddaughter's friend), Cheryl (granddaughter-in-law), and me (granddaughter-in-law). We had a blast - there was a lot of laughing, making fun of others, making fun of ourselves, embarrassing ourselves and others, laughing, eating, quilt viewing, shopping, and more laughing. We are three generations of women that get together and have a blast. Whenever we have the opportunity to be together, we try to go shopping as a group. We were missing one granddaughter and one daughter-in-law who usually accompany us, but most of the usual suspects/group was intact.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I freeze in air conditioning. Well, Cheryl does too, and she was smart enough to bring extra blankets to the hotel room. Thank you, Cheryl! Michelle commented that next time we did this, she and Tonia would room with the "Hot Flash Twins" (Deb & Neci), and Cheryl and I could room with Grandma. Works for me!






Me & Deb



Deb & Neci



Grandma, Our Quilt Diva



Michelle, my partner in shoes!



back: Michelle, Robin, Tonia, Cheryl
front: Deb, Grandma, and Neci
posted by Robin Hayes, 4:02 PM

1 Comments:

I love those all-girl trips! So glad you had fun!
commented by Blogger Ann-Marie, 1:53 PM  

Add a comment