head> Happy Hayes Family: A Change In Plans

Happy Hayes Family

Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Change In Plans


I had a meeting I was going to attend today at 12:30. Shortly beforehand, I was getting the boys' lunch ready so that Chris wouldn't have to worry about it, since he has been working all day on an implementation for work. Anyway, I was showing the boys a really cool stretch limo that was parked in front of one of our neighbor's house; and next thing I knew, Andrew was laying on the floor in the living room, crying. It appeared that he had tripped over our very large stuffed Snoopy (the one that he gets his annual birthday picture taken with). Following that incident, he refused to put weight on his left leg. Chris and I tried to figure out what to do, and where to take him that would be covered by insurance. None of the phone numbers on the back of our insurance card reached a live person, we weren't getting any answers on-line, and Chris was falling farther behind on his work the longer we looked into it. I would have loved to take Andrew to the Physicians Immediate Care that is located right by our new church building, but we opted for the sure bet of running him up to Convenience Care at the Beloit Clinic. Chris stayed home and continued to work, which meant that I could leave Steven and Ryan with him.

Once we arrived at the clinic, Andrew was examined and x-rayed. It was determined that nothing was broken. So we left, and went to Wal-Mart to buy some ibuprofen, which, by the way, is not available in chewable form - chewables would have been nice, because Andrew refused to drink the liquid out of the little cup. We left the house in such a rush, that I had forgotten his cup of milk, into which I could have slipped the medicine.

Anyway, we are back home with a little boy that still will not walk. Hopefully a good night's sleep will do him wonders. I was able to sneak some ibuprofen into the milk that he drank after his nap. I'll have to sneak in another dose before he goes to bed tonight.

The picture is of Andrew laying on the x-ray table.
posted by Robin Hayes, 6:19 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment